I recently received this award from Miss Demure Restraint and so first, an offer of humble gratitude, and a few words about her blog. MDR is my most recent nominee for the One Lovely Blog Award. She was recently featured on Freshly Pressed, an event that marked the first time they pressed anything I had already read. If you’ll take the time to click around, her blog will also share lots of wonderfully written humor, a satirical debate on bad television, an amazing tribute to an amazing author, maybe the best cover letter like ever, and much more. She is truly a versatile writer.
Okay, so on to this award… Liebster is German and means ‘dearest’ or ‘beloved’ but it can also mean “favorite” and the idea of the Liebster Award is to
strikethrough resisted bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers. I discovered on Reasonably Ludicrous this morning that this Follow Blog Widget thingy not only has a third digit, it has a fourth!
It has a fourth?
It has a fourth. 😦
Okay, never mind that. The Rules for the award are simple:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top 5 picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog, or under their pillow addressed to the Tooth Fairy, or hung by the chimney with care… someplace conspicuous.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogosphere – other bloggers.
- And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma. I’m not sure about the karma bit. Maybe you could spread some love, or some peanut butter/vegamite, or your wings or something and call it good?
Thank the Bejeebers (I’ve recently learned that these are real alternate life forms or something that can actually be scared out of you) that I didn’t have to come up with 7 more things people wouldn’t know about me!
It’s difficult to tell how many followers a blog has. Most of the ones I follow no longer display a count once I follow them. The good news is I am following more than 8 blogs now and I actually have 5 blogs I think deserve more attention than they are getting. This is where you come in.
Ashley Barela Writes – Ashley is a self-proclaimed free-writer. Um… Girl? I love the way your mind works!
Cenicitas – This is not my first link to Nanda’s page. Poetry, often emotionally dark which really suits me!! Nanda writes in both Portuguese and English.
doubledynamite – My first real dose of fiction on WordPress. Haiku Fridays. Tereasa is currently writing a romantic fiction called Hijinks.
Ermilia – My most-linked page. Co-authors Ermi and Elia blogging about books, life and everything in between. Home of ♥ Picture It and Write ♥.
wordsfallfrommyeyes – Read what I’ve already had to say about Noeleen in my One Lovely Blog Award post. Or better yet go back to the beginning of her journey.
✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ and ✔ Yay!
Thanks again, MDR! ♥